Marco Island – Things to do
Here’s our list of where to go, activities that may help you enjoy your stay on Marco Island. We stress that this is our list – and there may be many other activities that are to your preference. In any case, I always recommend that you check with reception at Crystal Shores – who will be pleased to provide latest updates and supply directions, as needed.
There’s lots to do in the resort and on the beach – so don’t think that you have to go anywhere!
There are two Publix supermarkets on the island which are both about the same size and useful for stocking up for your stay.
There are various Malls to be found in the Naples area – a list of which can be found here. We like:
- Coastland Center
- Waterside Shops
- Tin City – which is very much a tourist spot in Naples. Don’t go here for the big shops. But, it is a specialty shopping district in Naples, Florida. It is open-air, specializing in antiques and local handmade novelties. There are four separate buildings. As well as by car, you can reach Tin City by hiring a boat from the marina and heading up the inland waterways.
As well as the on site restaurant Stilts, there are many great places to eat on and around Marco. There are several restaurants in the open-air shopping mall opposite the resort. These include Davinci – which is our personal favorite.
Other things to do
- The Everglades
- Ride a bike: Sunshine Bike Tours
- Hire a boat – then travel to Naples via the inland waterways. We use: Rose Marina
- Key West – Either by car (but we recommend you plan an overnight stop there also) or by the Key West Express – right from Marco Island
- See the beutiful beaches and wildlife of: Sanibel Island / Captiva
- Shelling on Marco Island beach. See this lovely blog
- Get Married / Renew vows. We did it! Right on the beach at Marco.
Things change! So be sure to ask the Marriott Crystal Shores reception for their ideas maps and local knowledge.
Plus, don’t forget to check out Trip Advisor for their latest reviews and ideas.